"1) Propose using taxi=motorcar, =motorcycle, =boat, =airplane"

I believe at least with this key it would be a waste of time, yes, because taxi=yes is already an access tag and then we get into a chaos. If really wanted it would have to be something like "taxi:type", but this was just for noticing, because I was some of them who were opposed to expand amenity=taxi's definition.

--Lukas
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 07. Mai 2020 um 20:49 Uhr
Von: "Joseph Eisenberg" <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>
An: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools" <tagging@openstreetmap.org>
Betreff: [Tagging] Tag:amenity=motorcycle_taxi not approved
The voting period closed for amenity=motorcycle_taxi with 11 votes to approve and 8 votes in opposition, therefore it is not approved, since the 74% majority requirement was not met.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:amenity%3Dmotorcycle_taxi#Voting

Opposing voters preferred using amenity=taxi + motorcycle=yes or amenity=taxi + taxi=motorcycle

Surprisingly, at least 2 opposing voters would be willing to use amenity=taxi + taxi=submarine or taxi=airplane for a location where you could hire a submarine or airplane.

However, several "yes" voters were strongly opposed to expanding the definition of amenity=taxi which currently is limited to taxicabs (generally assumed to be 4-wheel motor vehicles in contemporary British English).

So, what's the next step?

1) Propose using taxi=motorcar, =motorcycle, =boat, =airplane, and get that idea officially rejected (it appears it would be certain to fail), or is that a waste of everyone's time?

2) Make a proposal to clarify the definition of amenity=taxi as only applying to motorcars, then try to propose the tag again?

3) Propose amenity=ojek and just hold the vote in the Indonesian community, like how the Japanese mapper community proposes locally-relevant definitions?

4) Give up on mapping things which are not found in western Europe, and recognize that this is in practice a project dominated by English/German/American culture, which will not accept new ideas which were not invented in the West?

-- Joseph Eisenberg
_______________________________________________ Tagging mailing list Tagging@openstreetmap.org https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging