JOSM's Mapillary plugin makes it easy to add mapillary tags to OSM objects.
On the Mapillary site it's possible to remote control JOSM so it opens with
data around the image.

I agree that it's not entirely convenient and may be slow. But Mapillary
welcomes ALL geotagged images. On Wikimedia Commons a contributor may
consider your picture not noteworthy enough or violating Panorama Rights, I
forget the correct term.

Polyglot