Michael,

Thanks for your comments. I'm a bit behind so I'll try to catch up with
your comments to date.

Re: 3rd_rail/4th_rail vs 3rail/4rail
I really don't mind and will go with the majority. Not sure how you
determine a majority with this process!

Re: using electrified=rail to mean (3rd or 4th rail)
I'm not in favour of this one - railway electrification engineers (of which
I am one) do not consider 4th rail to be a special case of 3rd rail, but
rather a distinct system with its own electrical feeding arrangement. It
would also run the risk of confusion in the mappers mind - they would read
as far as electrified=rail in the tag wiki and miss the later option for
4th rail. I'm happy to leave electrified=rail to mean 3rd rail if that is
what the group prefers.

Leaving electrified=rail to mean only 3rd rail has the advantage that it
reflects the current usage - with the exception of the London network
(which I will retag) and the very small Milan Metro 1 line (which I'm also
happy to retag).

Voltages for individual rails
We do have some thoughts on that which I will share in a later proposal,
but I would like to keep this change discussion focused purely on
electrification type.

Dual voltage areas
We do have a specific proposal/solution for that problem  which I will
share in a later proposal, but I would like to keep this change discussion
focused purely on electrification type.

3 phase electrification
II haven't thought about that one, let's get this proposal through the
process and I'll put it on the list to think about.

best regards,

Garry

best regards,

Garry