Aren't Interstate and US evident from the geographic extent as well?

If deducted from geographic extent, what would be the extent for local and
regional? Would the US need an interstate tag? Would a hiking trail through
a relatively small nature area crossing boundaries between countries, be
local, regional or international?

In Europe, the classification as local, regional, national and
international is very common with long trails/routes.Different countries
'map' their recreationale routes onto this classification. I think the
classification is useful.

The n in network=..n seems redundant, the <scope>.. is very useful and
seems to meet wide acceptance among users, the .<modality>. again looks
redundant to me because route= already gives the transport.

OTOH, what's the harm? A road network is not a recreational route network,
and therefore it has different network classifications. Does not confuse
me. At all.

Best, Peter Elderson