This is a rather tricky problem, especially as the changes may not follow
any particular pattern.
I am not a crop mapper at all, but I can distinguish between the major
local crops (in Italy). And in many cases the mapping in OSM is wrong,
mostly because the data is fruit of imports which were too specific.
One effect which is noticeable around here is not rotation, but that the
crops tend to follow patterns like market prices, or subsidies by the EU.
There are exceptions, like corn (mais) which normally does not change. So
my experience with precise crop mapping is that very often it is simply
wrong.
There are obvious exceptions, like orchard (fruit, olives), and vineyards.
But most annually sown crops may change easily, and the average OSM mapper
does not update crops. I would go with farmland, orchard, vineyard and not
even consider indicating any rotation of crops.

That does not exclude making a special effort in certain areas, provided
you have the trained mappers.