On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 at 13:09, Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> wrote:

> Wouldn't most, if not all, cases where this would be used already be
> covered by the corresponding (and likely already in use) shop=* value?

One use that comes to mind, where shop is inappropriate, is my county
council.  It has small (one- or two-person) offices in major towns that
deal with queries, complaints, accept rent payment and council
tax payment, hand out rolls of recycling bags, etc.  It also has
a headquarters with many buildings housing various departments,
most of which do not accept walk-ins (but may invite people to
attend in special circumstances).

--
Paul