On Sunday 02 August 2020, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> > If you consider that incorrect you also have to ask yourself if you
> > draw the same conclusion for natural=bay and natural=strait
> > polygons:
>
> didn’t you argue some time ago that natural=bay should only be placed
> as nodes because polygons were generally unverifiable? Maybe I’m
> remembering wrong...

That is a different matter - i don't think Paul based his objection on
verifiability concerns.

As i demonstrated with my examples people map the tidal section of
rivers outside the coastline both as riverbank polygons and bays.
Discouraging the former would likely lead to people moving to the
latter.

Also keep in mind that the non-timely coastline updates have also lead
people to start mapping more with water polygons and less with
coastline - because the coastline changes failed to show up in the map.
See for example:

Hence the Rio de la Plata matter turned into kind of a self aggravating
problem.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/