On 2020-08-17 00:12, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 16. Aug 2020, at 15:26, dktue <em...@daniel-korn.de> wrote:
>
>> Ok, then I'm going to edit the wiki [1] now.
>>
>> [1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:aerialway=station
>
> sorry for this late comment, but maybe it would be better to use
> station:position=top/mid (or middle) / bottom
>
> reasoning is that aerialway:station might be wanted for subtypes of the
> stations (I am not an expert for aerialway station types, but sooner or later
> someone will come along who is, and even if they decide to use "station" for
> these potential subtypes, it would still be confusing having also an
> aerialway:station with different meaning)

The OP's intention was to label the "valley station" and "mountain
station" in machine-readable form (a controlled vocabulary domain). The
discussions about how to distinguish them, showed that the only
significant characteristic is the altitude. Other attributes like the
presence of the drive motors, ticket sales etc are not determinants of
the "valley" vs "mountain" labels.