On 25/08/2020 06.04, Paul Allen wrote:
On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 at 06:38, Warin wrote:
Off list.

It looks like you accidentally Bcc'd the list.

It looks like Warin tried to send it to "80hnhtv4agou---" without noticing that address is a spoofed¹ tagging@OSM. (The reply-to: address should have been used instead.) That's an understandable oversight that I might have made myself :-). (OTOH, it might mean Warin's mail client doesn't honor reply-to...)

(¹ Mind, spoofing 'from' as "so-and-so via LIST <l...@example.com>" is a pretty common practice that should not be taken as malicious. In fact, for how often I see it, I wouldn't be surprised if it is default behavior in some mail clients.)

This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TAGGING LIST.

+10

Yup. talk@OSM, maybe, but really at this point it's just someone ranting inappropriately.

--
Matthew