sent from a phone

> On 11. Sep 2020, at 12:23, Philip Barnes <p...@trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:
>
> A lot of pubs have board games available for customers to play, or they did
> in normal times.
>
> Themed implies that is the raison d'etre for the pubs existance and you would
> only go there to play board games, which would attract a very limited
> clientel.

+1, this is also my interpretation. There is clearly a huge difference between
pubs that also offer some games for their visitors (like chess, backgammon,
trivial pursuit, etc.) and occasionally someone plays one, and places which are
specialized in playing board games (i.e. the room is filled with people playing
games, or discussing games). And yet another category: pubs specialized for
playing chess (different kind of crowd compared to board game nerds,
generally). Some of this may only take place on some days of the week.

Another similar category could be shops that sell games and are open at night
for meeting players and playing games.

Cheers Martin