On Oct 3, 2020, at 4:10 PM, Paul Allen <pla16...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Or maybe something like this?   https://www.facebook.com/TempleBarFarm/
> I added the farm nearly a year ago.  Held off on adding what they call the
> "farm shop" because it had recently moved from Llwynhelyg Farm across
> the road, was still settling down (I wasn't sure if they were going to keep
> it going for long) and (most importantly) I couldn't figure out where exactly
> it
> was.

That facebook page isn't exactly the best venue from which to make a
determination of what this place is, but I get the gist of it, and yes, I'd
call it a shop=farm, too.  Clifford, we, too (Coastal central/northern
California, heck, all of California as I grew up in southern) call these "farm
stands" in local vernacular.

Around here, the (quintessential, cutest, loved by locals...) place like this
is https://www.yelp.com/biz/fambrini-r-and-company-santa-cruz.  I think they've
moved since the "grandfather of the family" died last year
(https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/santacruzsentinel/obituary.aspx?n=john-michael-fambrini&pid=193988853&fhid=8818),
 but only down the road a bit.  I believe the family owns a fair bit of
farmland in the area and their produce and farm products (even farm-produced
strawberry soap!) are loved by many around here, Yelp is solid five-out-of-five
stars in ratings.

I thought I had tagged this near here but I'm not seeing the node in OSM, I'm
going to have to go and see what they've done in the last year and update the
local tags.  There really are quite a few of these, especially around
Watsonville and Castroville.  There are more (Cascade Ranch "U-Pick") up near
Davenport, Swanton, Año Nuevo State Park.  If you are not in a hurry (and you
are not if you are driving the Coast Road) and want to soak up some local
color, try these, they are hard to beat!  Both locals and tourists "passing
through" seem to love these places.  I've bought pies for holiday feasts and
they are always a hit.  Kids love to pick out pumpkins in mid-to-late October.
Even Wikidata says that shop=farm is sometimes called a "farm stand" by locals.

It's good to eat local, it's good to map local!

SteveA