The purpose of OSM is to **map** the world.

If this brings about positive change such as the things you mentioned (any many more), that's good and that is the reason why many people contribute to such a free wiki world map. This is a huge difference to your statement! You seem to defend that OSM should be used as a tool to change language, for politically motivated reasons in this case.

OSM is as much about change as science, FOSS or wikipedia is about change. Who would trust wikipedia as a reliable source if their mission was to "bring about (political) change"?

In my book, furthering political or social ideologies does not even fall remotely under the mission of OSM. I dearly hope it stays this way.

Tobias