The way I understood the tagging guidelines was that if there was nobody
parked there, could you drive along the lane as usual. If you can't then I
wouldn't include it as lanes=* and only tag it as parking:lane. If you can
drive along it when vacant, but you can still legally park there then I'd
include it as lanes=* and also tag parking:lane.

It's common that during peak hour the lane is used by traffic, but off-peak
it's available for parking.