It looks like you're referring to this area:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/query?lat=40.3482&lon=46.5377#map=10/40.3812/46.8347

It seems that this giant border-area polygon was removed recently as it's
only rendered at lower zoom levels.

If the precedent is that military conflict areas are mapped with
landuse=military and possibly also military=danger_area, then it doesn't
sound like there is a need for an additional hazard tag, unless we think
that the type of danger_area needs to be further described by the addition
of a hazard tag.  There does not seem to be any existing usages of the
hazard key that I can find for an active military conflict zone, other than
hazard=minefield.