Following on from comments made in regard to deprecating both emergency= &
amenity=coast_guard & replacing them with military=coast_guard:

On Mon, 7 Dec 2020 at 04:18, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> yes, a documented way to distinguish "finer" details are missing not only
> for military branches, the same holds true for police branches and other
> law enforcement and border / tax etc. control.

I have just posted a new proposal re Military Bases:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Military_bases

Please have a read & comment either here or on the discussion page.

Thanks

Graeme