Hauke Stieler:
Hi,

today I encountered a drawing/painting school [0] that offers workshops and
classes for children and adults.

I do not not consider them real schools.

I have taken inspiration from, Paint Your Style in Berlin:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4235447795

Which is tagged with a leisure=ceramic_painting tag.

Similarly:
amenity=dancing_school is strongly discouraged in favor of
leisure=dancing,dance:teaching=yes

so maybe
leisure=painting
painting:teaching=yes

There is one existing leisure=painting:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3677738107
which is https://www.paintingwithatwist.com/
And all those pictures of date nights where everyone have a glass of wine indicates to me that a leisure tag is correct.

Now that I look at taginfo, I see that there are 5 leisure=ceramic_painting of which I created 3, and one leisure=pottery_painting POI (Color Me Mine). They all look very similar and Color Me Mine has a lot of studios: https://www.colormemine.com/locations/

So for consistency, which one should it be: ceramic_painting or
pottery_painting?

Is there a tag for these schools? I haven't
found any, so how about establishing amenity=painting_school (or
=drawing_school?) analogous to amenity=music_school. Any thoughts on that?

Hauke

[0] https://maldumal.de/hamburg/ (unfortunately there's no English version of
that site)

Niels Elgaard Larsen