On 12/9/2020 9:36 AM, Michael Tsang wrote:

Des Voeux Road Central is considered one of the most important roads
in the area which I
tagged it as highway=secondary, however another editor has repeatedly
changed
it to highway=service on the fact that that road is closed to motor
vehicles
except buses....

Hi Michael, my understanding is that this type of access restriction has
no bearing on the correct value of the highway tag. That doesn't mean
that a bus-only road can't be 'highway=service', but my armchair opinion
is that this one deserves a higher classification,
'highway=unclassified' at minimum. Obviously a local consensus would be
best.

As far as the access tags go, from your description I imagined
'access=private' plus 'bus=yes', and 'foot=yes' if there's sidewalk that
isn't mapped separately. The segment you linked to (
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/242113655 ) has tags that are a bit
more complicated; no doubt they make sense in context. It's worth
noting, though, that it currently allows bicycle traffic.

Here's a photo showing the bus-only segment and signed restrictions --
https://www.mapillary.com/app/?pKey=V6xCvni7pFMnBkHoXfZcIw&focus=photo&lat=22.28064006188889&lng=114.16016743519445&z=17&x=0.5090835219500857&y=0.5090768471784388

Jason