On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 at 02:24, Seth Deegan <jayands...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Those are known as rumble strips.
>
> The wiki has traffic_calming=rumble_strip:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:traffic_calming#Common_values

But the description for rumble strip on that page also says "Do not confuse
with longitudinally placed rumble strips to alert drivers that they are
leaving their lane, which are generally not mapped by OSM."

I can understand why a cyclist would like to know about them, but I'm not
sure how we'd map them? A way drawn along the side of the road, like a
fence, or added to the roads properties eg cycleway=lane +
cycleway:rumble_strip=yes?

& wouldn't we then have to include all the rumble strips between normal
traffic lanes?

Thanks

Graeme