For now I

1) notified people who used added this tag more than once
(currently mapped man_made=drinking_fountain are counted)

See notification list at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:man_made%3Ddrinking_fountain#Deprecation

2) added section "Problems" at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Ddrinking_fountain#Problems

If noone will protest I will also mark it as deprecated and add request to
consider using other less problematic tags.

If someone will protest I will likely make a deprecation proposal
(or leave it in limbo state if I will have no time for that).

Oct 4, 2022, 14:48 by tagging@openstreetmap.org: