Hi Tom,

Am 10.10.22 um 10:54 schrieb Tom Pfeifer:
Accepting a particular coin or banknote is among short-living business policies
that can change
frequently and is often harder to observe than e.g. opening_hours. Thus they
are difficult to
maintain and likely to be outdated. In my opinion, they should not be in the
OSM database in general.

I disagree, at least from my experience, these are very constant policies in shops.

Sometimes such changes can even have technical reasons. E.g. the metro rail in
Berlin has separate
blocks in their ticket vending machines, for coins, bills, card to be inserted,
cards with NFC.
They take them in and out as they like, you cannot rely on finding a particular
one the next day.
Reasons might be defective blocks or vandalism fear on particular stations.

I agree that in a case where denotation acceptance in vending machines is really varying, it should not be mapped. But in my experience, those are exceptions to the rule that this is generally a quite constant feature of such machines.

Kind regards,
Michael