On 24/10/22 07:11, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:

Oct 22, 2022, 15:09 by dieterdre...@gmail.com:

    sent from a phone

        On 22 Oct 2022, at 12:47, Anne-Karoline Distel
        <annekadis...@web.de> wrote:

        Following the rejection of the crannog proposal with the
        concern about
        the hierarchy above the proposed tag, I now propose to change
        the key
        from site_type to archaeological_type

    such a retagging would be a waste of time, I would not pursue this
    idea, and given the high majority that is required nowadays it is
    also unlikely to succeed.

    You could just continue mapping the settlement sites and crannogs
    as you please and have a wonderful time, document the tags, speak
    about it so that other people interested in mapping this kind of
    feature can join you. :-)

personally it seems to me that it has chance of being a good idea

+1

It can coexist with past tags ...

Migration can then proceed;

A mechanical edit can be done to add the new tags.  (normal approval process)

After some time of use, the older tags can be removed .. (normal approval process)