Vào lúc 00:23 2022-11-06, easbar.m...@posteo.net đã viết:
Ok, sure, as far as I am concerned it doesn't have to be `unrestricted` and could just as well be `none` or `no`.

But at least there seems to be consensus that
a) The `except` tag could/should be replaced with such a `no/none/unrestricted` value for the `restricted:` key

"Replaced" is too strong for now. I'd suggest pairing it with except=* until after a transition period, because the except=* key is already so entrenched among data consumers. The consequences of missing an exception are pretty severe. Dual tagging also mitigates the fact that this discussion has only involved a few of us. You never know what concerns will come out of the woodwork after the fact.

The length of the transition period is an open question. See the other thread about deprecating amenity=hospital in favor of healthcare=hospital...

b) Using `restriction:` and `restriction` for the same relation should be discouraged except for using `restriction:xyz=no/none/unrestricted`

This is an interesting way of putting it, that a key should have only one possible value, apart from conditionals. But I guess we already have some keys like that, such as noname=*.

--
m...@nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us