On 10/11/22 14:19, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
Another question!

In a number of places e.g. https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1nBt the Rescue unit has two buildings - an admin base / radio room / lookout tower, usually overlooking the river mouth, together with a boatshed a bit further upriver e.g. https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/244664674 & https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/939551533.

I would use the same emergency tag on both of them - would we all agree that that would be correct?

The same problem exists with fire services .. a 'fire station', a 'fire control centre' .. and just recently came across a 'fire training centre'. I think they are all tagged 'fire_station'.

Possibly some sub tags could be had of fire_station=control_centre/training_centre/emergency_service ???

I think =lifeboat_station is the better value and 'emergency' the better key.

If they have no boat nor anyway other than swimming then they are not a lifeboat station .. at best a life guard station for which tags already exist.