> a site relation is made for wind farm sites because the space
> between the turbines is sometimes used for other things (e.g. grazing),
> and not to include other elements such as the workers' parking, the
> restaurant where they eat and the shop they visit

My own mapping practice while canoe camping often involves mapping
collections of back-country tenting sites scattered around the shores of
remote lakes, with significant wilderness and water between them.  Each
tent site is marked on the ground by a numbered post and sometimes a
fire-ring and trampled ground, but there is no delimited boundary of each
tenting place that would warrant a polygon -- I just place a node at the
marker post. These tenting sites have a reference number and are all
managed as a unit by the enclosing park or forest service with a website,
unified reservation system, and policies that apply to all of the
individual tenting sites. I would think that a site-relation would be a
good way to model these dispersed pitches as there isn't a meaningful
polygon that could contain them.

Examples:

   - Green River Reservoir
   <https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1596693623#map=16/44.6351/-72.5200>
   VT, USA -- very dispersed tent pitches around a large lake that is used for
   other purposes as well. The entire protected area
   <https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/14169842#map=13/44.6442/-72.5202>
   is not a "camp site" itself, but does include many pitches. Modeling these
   pitches into a single site relation would be an improvement over their
   current modeling as unlinked individual tourism=camp_site.

   <https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/9989526004#map=16/44.3815/-74.3182>
   - Saint Regis Pond
   <https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/9989526004#map=16/44.3815/-74.3182>,
   NY, USA -- Very dispersed tent pitches around a small lake. Each lake and
   most ponds in the Saint Regis Canoe area
   <https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/6365015#map=12/44.3893/-74.3524>
   few pitches on it, but the entire protected area is not a "camp site"
   itself. Modeling these pitches into a single site relation with their
   shared operator and policies would be an improvement over their current
   modeling as unlinked individual tourism=camp_site.