From: Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
Sent: 13 December 2022 00:26
To: Tag discussion, strategy and related tools <tagging@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [Tagging] building=entrance

sent from a phone

> On 12 Dec 2022, at 22:13, Marc_marc <marc_m...@mailo.com> wrote:
>
> i dislike the idea to have tag with several meaning depending
> if it's on a node or a closed way

One could say the distinction is in the  meaning, not in the object type,

there is a tag that was used in the past on nodes of building outlines,
building=entrance, it is deprecated for ages, since then tagged as entrance=*

and it is should be hardly confused with building=entrance, which is a regular
use of the building tag to specify an entrance building.

I think the case is so well defined it would be possible to automatically retag
those remaining 2400 building=entrance on nodes that are part of a building
area outline to entrance=yes .

Or maybe a call to action and manually distinguish between main and yes values?