Hmm, well, I don't know, I guess there will be specific laws in each country about where you are allowed and aren't allowed to fly drones, right?

Well, if it is explicitly signposted as not allowed, you could of course map it, but only where it really says so on site, I think.

-- Lukas

Gesendet: Freitag, 10. Februar 2023 um 12:43 Uhr
Von: "Anne-Karoline Distel" <annekadis...@web.de>
An: "OSM Tagging" <tagging@openstreetmap.org>
Betreff: [Tagging] drones

What do people think about a key like drone? I'm thinking of heritage sites/ tourist attractions, of course. I noticed on a Welsh heritage site that they had an icon for all the amenities and permissions, and they had one for "Drones not allowed". Obviously, we could add drone=no to every airport as well, but that's not my main concern.

In Ireland, drones are not allowed over Office of Public Works sites, unless you're the photographer for the National Monuments Service. Or maybe an archaeologist with special license for a dig. But as a drone pilot, you might not know whether a site is OPW or not.

I don't have a drone myself, I'm just not sure if this would be useful or not. There are 9 uses so far.

Anne