On Wed, 2023-04-19 at 00:39 +0200, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:

> Apr 19, 2023, 00:14 by mnalis-openstreetmapl...@voyager.hr:
> > On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 17:08:39 +0200, Marc_marc <marc_m...@mailo.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > no, some contributors will fill in what they are interested in,
> > > others will fill in everything that is visible (and may not
> > > be able to see the blue additive pump not visible from the car
> > > pumps),
> > > others will do an exaustive survey
> >
> > Agreed.
> I made initial edit in
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:fuel&diff=2506079&oldid=2451100
>
> Feel free to edit/amend/improve.
>
> Thanks for all comments!

Looks good, although I am thinking that octane and ethanol should be
combined to indicate what is actually sold. Whilst I can make educated
guesses in the UK (if its octane 95 it will be E10, octane 99 will be
E5 (E0 for Esso outside North Wales).

So maybe
fuel:octane_95:E10 = yes
fuel:octane_99:E5  = yes

The current tagging
i.e.    fuel:e10 = yes
        fuel:e5 = yes
        fuel:octane_95 = yes
        fuel:octane_99 = yes

Doesn't tell me which octane goes with which Ethanol level.
Particularly useful for tourists who do not know the 'rules' for that
country and finding E5 is essential.

Phil (trigpoint)