Hi everyone,

We are a non-profit organisation from Belgium working around wheelchair
accessibility. We collect accessibility data about buildings and provide
this info to wheelchair users with our free On Wheels app. To this point we
collected around 34 000 locations, mainly in Belgium. We are working on a
new app that will directly view data from OSM and also can add accessibility
data to existing locations. It is not an easy ride, but we believe that
accessibility data should be accessible as open data. We are using existing
tags as much as possible, but there are missing tags that we want to add to
OSM. We would like your input to find the best tags for everyone to use when
adding accessibility data in OSM. We want to add these tags:

*       entrance:ramp:wheelchair                          (for a ramp at the
entrance)
*       parking:sensor_ID                                          (for the
ID of a IOT Communithings sensor in a parking place)
*       entrance:kerb:height                                    (for the
height of the kerb at the entrance)
*       entrance:door:width                                     (for the
door width of the entrance)
*       entrance:step_count                                     (for the
number of steps at the entrance)
*       entrance:turn_point                                      (for free
space to turn at both sides of the entrance)
*       atm:wheelchair                                              (for
wheelchair accessible yes or no)
*       reception_desk:wheelchair                         (for wheelchair
accessible yes or no)
*       toilets:wheelchair:                                        (for an
wheelchair accessible toilet)
*       toilets:wheelchair:accessible_by               (to indicate if a
wheelchair toilet is accessible by stairs, lift or groundfloor)
*       toilets:accessible_by                                    (to
indicate if a normal toilet is accessible by stairs, lift or groundfloor)
*       toilets:wheelchair:space_side                    (for the free space
on the side of the toilet)
*       toilets:wheelchair:space_front                  (for the free space
in front of the toilet)
*       toilets:wheelchair:handrails                       (for the number
of handrails)
*       toilets:wheelchair:door_width                   (for the door width
of the toilet)
*       toilets:wheelchair:narrowest_point_from_entrance
(to indicate the narrowest point from the entrance to the toilet)
*       elevator:width                                               (for
the width of the elevator)
*       elevator:depth                                               (for
the depth of the elevator)
*       elevator:door:width                                      (for the
door width of the elevator)
*       wheelchair:description                                (extra notes
about accessibility, used by Wheelmap)
*       amenity=changing_places                           (for a changing
place: https://www.changing-places.org/)
*       changing_table:adult                                    (for a
changing table for adults)
*       changing_table:adjustable_height            (if the changing table
has an adjustable height)
*       changing_table:hoist                                    (ceiling
track hoist for people)

We know this is lot of new tags, but it is important to collect this data
for wheelchair users. Just adding the tag wheelchair yes or no is not
enough.

Yours sincerely

Robin Julien

COO, architect

 <mailto:ro...@onwheelsapp.com> ro...@onwheelsapp.com
tel: 0497 65 48 50

--
Dit e-mailbericht is met Avast-antivirussoftware gecontroleerd op virussen.