On 2023-05-02 10:14, Illia Marchenko wrote:

2 May 2023, 16:52 Marc_marc <marc_m...@mailo.com <mailto:marc_m...@mailo.com>>:

    Le 02.05.23 à 14:21, NKA mapper a écrit :
     > The EV Charging Station Mapping

    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal:EV_Charging_Station_Mapping
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal:EV_Charging_Station_Mapping>>
proposal is now approved

    I really wonder how we can approve a proposal that makes it impossible
    to migrate from the old scheme to the new one when we see that even
    those that allow it (power=sub_station) take over 10 years to migrate.
    I wonder if a vote should not be planned in two stages:
    - the idea: everyone was aware of the problem
    - the implementation... that we should not vote as long as there is a
    concrete problem (and here there were 2: redefinition of existing tag
    and impossibility to select the objects of the old schema since the new
    schema uses a tag identical to the previous one).

    bad day...

What is the impossibility of migration? Just use man_made=charge_point instead of amenity=charging_station for charging points. If the charging point is already marked as amenity=charging_station, just change it to man_made=charge_point.
Regards,
Illia.

Their point is there's no way to tell when that's necessary without on-the-ground insight, and there is no way to tell when such insight is needed. Had the proposal broken it out into two new tags, there would be an indication of which objects need to be updated. With the approved tagging scheme, is this node tagged correctly, or has it just not been updated yet? There's no algorithmic way to tell, meaning it will be many years before everything that needs updating will get updated.