Hi all,

Many thanks for the responses and feedback! :) Here a few comments:

- The aim would be to collect information on historic floods and community
knowledge of hazard exposure. I work for the Red Cross Climate Centre on
hazard assessments in typically data scarce areas (e.g. East Sudan). While
in many western countries most flood areas have high-quality flood maps
derived from scientific flood models, in those areas we lack this
information. There are of course global flood models, but they lack
verification and validation on a local level in many areas I am looking
into. Especially there, being able to capture information of historic, true
flood extents and community knowledge is crucial to fill those data gaps
and improve disaster risk reduction efforts.
- I reviewed existing tags and tag info, but I thought it lacked some
uniformity. While with boundary=hazard and the added value there already
exist approved natural hazard tags which I find make more sense to add in
here.
- The OpenHazrdMap was set up as Wiki Page but wasn`t followed through and
no voting or approval for suggested tags was carried out.

Please let me know what you think, and whether you would approve to adding
the flood value 'flood' as value to the key 'hazard' (to be used in
combination with the tag boundary=hazard).

All the best and many thanks,
Cornelia