On Sun, Aug 6, 2023 at 6:39 PM Evan Carroll <m...@evancarroll.com> wrote:

> While I don't disagree, that's not an argument for OSM. OSM's job isn't to
> mitigate real world safety issues caused by technology. It's to map
> generally useful geographically verifiable things.

I don't understand how cell coverage isn't verifiable - visit the site
(e.g. campground) in question, pull out your phone, note how many bars, try
to make a call, send a text, use some data (perhaps run a speed test). Yes,
it is only good for your carrier, but the carrier should be recorded. Yes,
there could be network congestion, or a tower could be out, but we map
roads, and they can be congested, or closed due to accidents, flooding,
landslides, construction, etc.  In some way, this is getting back to our
roots, actually getting out and surveying, rather than just relying on
satellite/aerial imagery.

Mike