I have started a new proposal: that the name tag should be restricted to the
same meaning for route relations that it has on other elements and that the
description tag should be used otherwise.

https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/proposal-use-description-instead-of-name-for-route-relations/104656/1
[https://community-cdn.openstreetmap.org/uploads/default/original/1X/1ec32427766f2efdc81c1fd1a6879e4084bfd00d.png]<https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/proposal-use-description-instead-of-name-for-route-relations/104656/1>
Proposal: Use description instead of name for route
relations<https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/proposal-use-description-instead-of-name-for-route-relations/104656/1>
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal:Use_description_instead_of_name_for_route_relations

--

Andrew