I have been trying to tag capacities for motorhome stopovers. Comments on my changesets indicates that some people have different views on how to tag this. And I agree that it is confusing.

The wiki for tourism=caravan_site does not say a lot, but for tourism=camp_site it says that capacity:caravans is "Number of pitches available for caravans/RV".
And capacity:pitches is "Number of pitches available for caravans, RV or tents"

But then how do we specify the number of pitches for motorhomes?

E.g. Nørre Nissum Håndbryg

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/11038816129

can accomodate 10 motorhomes and 3 caravans (camping trailers).

So capacity:motorhomes=10

And I have tagged capacity:caravans=13
because the wiki says that this covers both caravans and RV's.

I would be in favor of getting a way to explicitly tag information about camping trailers (caravans that are not RV/motorhomes).

It is also confusing that we have so many sites tagged with tourism=caravan_site,caravans=no. I guess these should then all have motorhome=designated because caravans=no also means no motorhomes by default?

--
Niels Elgaard Larsen