An interesting concept:  "emoji-supported!"  While I'm not disagreeing, I find
it a novel approach...interestingly new and "not wrong."

The reason for my "support" (to deprecate...hm, wasn't my original intent, but
I'm nodding my head that deprecation might be a good idea) was because I have
always found the concept of railway=facility to be daunting:  somewhat
confusing, a little redundant.  However, as similar kinds of "perhaps in
Germany they need this" or "there are places in the world where rail is simply
done differently, including in how we capture that in OSM and/or render it in
ORM, so I can see how a particular tag or scheme might allow some flexible
tagging to encompass rail tagging so it is harmonious in the whole world."  A
local example in North American rail tagging is reporting_marks=*, which is
sort of like operator:short=* but is widely used for far more than simply
"tracks and infrastructure," it can is even used on individual rail cars /
wagons (in Canada, USA, Mexico)...but I digress.

Upon consideration, I am supportive of deprecation of the railway=facility tag,
as I continue to find it confusing and redundant, but I have been "keeping an
open mind" that it may be needed elsewhere.  Now, what I hear is that it
"seemed like a good idea at the time, but now, not so much."  That's OK:  we do
put erasers on the ends of pencils.

I also seem to be now preferring discussion in our community Discourse forum
rather than this mail-list, although I answered here for "consistency."  Thank
you for good dialog and discussion, everybody.