From: Chaudhary, Shahbaz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 3:10 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: debugging query text for DBTags

It seems there is no way to print out a query between <query> tags without
first assigning a query to a string variable, then printing that variable
out later.

This is extremely important when slightly complicated queries are being
dynamically generated (changing, WHERE or GROUP BY clauses, etc.).  It would
be nice if there was an option of printing out the final text of the query
(the way it will be sent over the JDBC driver).

It may be as simple as making the "query" variable public, or having a tag
(put AFTER the <query> tags) that prints out our sql query.

I am not very familiar with the java code that goes into making tag
libraries, especially DB tags.  If there is someone who can work on it, I
think that will be perfect.  If this is something that might make it into
the distribution fairly quickly, but no one is willing to work on it, I can
start to dig into the code.

Shahbaz

DISCLAIMER
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me and
permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout
thereof.
NOTICE REGARDING PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Knight Securities may, at its discretion, monitor and review the content of
all e-mail communications.