On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> Shawn,
>
> Would it be possible to include some docs (maybe with a sample Hello,
> World type tag) to illustrate how the expression language support can
> be used in non-JSTL tags?  This would be tremendously useful to other
> tag authors who want to follow this suggestion (which I think is a
> good one).

Sure.  Once the interface has been finalized (there's still some debate in
the 052 group about the best way to publicize this interface), I'll
include an example in the JSTL RI.

(The few "advanced" chapters at the end of my book also discuss stuff like
this in some detail.)

--
Shawn Bayern
Author, "JSP Standard Tag Library"  http://www.jstlbook.com