On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Ming Fai wrote:

> The default path of xmlUrl is not webapps/, but the bin/ directory of
> Tomcat (I use tomcat 4.03). It is suggested in an old post (From:
> Stefan Kost, Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 02:28:37) that user.dir can be
> reset to webapps path. This method does work, but I think it is not
> good enough, as one of the reasons for using taglib is to avoid
> writing any Java code in the jsp pages. So, is there a better way to
> pass webapps path to the xmlUrl? e.g. use a ${webapps} variable etc.

Hi there.  This is an excellent question.  It's been reported as a bug
(#7500) in the Bugzilla archive by [EMAIL PROTECTED], although it's
actually a spec matter.  The expert group will need to figure out exactly
what the semantics of relative URLs in the XML tags will be, whether
documents should be validated by <x:transform> and <x:parse>, and whether
such considerations affect reasonably implementability.  These issues will
probably be addressed before our Public Final Draft (and next RI beta).

Thanks again for raising the issue.

--
Shawn Bayern
Author, "JSP Standard Tag Library"  http://www.jstlbook.com