From: JUERGENS,MANUEL (HP-Germany,ex1) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 10:03 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problem using Xtags

Hi everyone!

I've installed the Xtags library and put the xtags.jar in my /WEB-INF/lib
(also in classpath), and put the "xtags.tld" in my /WEB-INF.

My JSP looks like the following:

<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/x-tags1.0"; prefix="xtags"
%>
<xtags:style xml="/xml/book.xml" xsl="/xml/book.xsl" />

My web.xml is shown below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<taglib>
<taglib-uri>http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/x-tags1.0</taglib-uri>
<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/xtags.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

If I try to run this example, the browser shows always the error message:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri
(http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/x-tags1.0) cannot be resolved in either
web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

I've tried to changed the uri in my JSP directly to uri="WEB-INF/xtags.tld"
and removed the tag "taglib-uri" in web.xml. Now I get always the following
error:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException: /xslt/book.jsp(4,0) Unable to
load class org.apache.taglibs.xtags.xslt.StyleTag

Where's the problem? Can anyone help me?
Thanx.

Manuel.