Shawn Bayern wrote:
It's a fairly general topic.  Typically, to instantiate a DataSource, you
just use a class that a database vendor provides -- or alternatively a
pooling DataSource that can be layered on top of any driver, as in the
DBCP package from Jakarta Commons at

  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp.html

I use JRUN4 and Mysql.
I have com.mysql.jdbc.Driver OpenSource and org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver by Macromedia.
Are there Class database vendor provides?

with this tag:

<sql:setDataSource url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/aostacompany" driver="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver" />

It work fine but I think there is not pooling

with this tag:

<sql:setDataSource driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" dataSource="aosta_db"/>

It don't work
I receive this error:
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Unable to get connection, DataSource invalid: "No suitable driver"

Security.  Using '?' and <c:param> ensures that any dangerous characters
will be escaped.  By "dangerous," I mean characters like a single quote
(') that could alter the sense of your SQL statement and end up hijacking
it to produce unintended results.
Ok, but I think the true problem is about INSERT or DELETE. Select is not very dangerous. or no?

Thanks very much.

Lorenzo Sicilia