Rick Ross wrote:

This exact character sequence:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] language="java" buffer="12kb" autoFlush="false" %><%@ taglib
uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"; prefix="c" %><c:if test="{true}"
<c:redirect url="http://google.com"; /></c:if>

Will always fail on my system.  (notice I have no newlines.)  In this case,
the _jsp.java file does not have a single out.write() statement, yet it
still fails.  It's not the c:redirect either, because <%
response.sendRedirect() %> fails there as well.

And finally, of course I have other problems!!  I'm writing to this list,
aren't I?

Yeah, I think that's key :-) This following snippet will redirect if it's at the top, middle, wherever of a page on my system, which is Tomcat 4.1.18, JDK 1.4.0, W2K.

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"; prefix="c" %>
<c:if test="${true}">
        <c:redirect url="http://google.com/"/>
</c:if>

And I've never had any problems with redirects, as scriptlets or as
taglib output.

So I'd say there's something suspect in your installation. When you
say the redirect fails, is there anything logged?

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

dream. code.