On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Michael Duffy wrote:

> I'm thick - how do I refer to it in the JSP?  Shawn Bayern's "JSTL In
> Action" says that the constant is Config.SQL_DATA_SOURCE, and its
> variable name is javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.dataSource.  What scope is
> this variable in, and how can I get at it in my JSP?
>
> It sounds like I'll have to use the rt library [...]

There is indeed a standard constant and a standard name for the
context-initialization parameter, but the data is not necessarily saved in
a particular scope with a particular name.  (If I remember correctly, this
was designed to give greater flexibility to implementations and future
versions of JSTL.)

To retrieve the data, you'll want to use the Config class itself, which
abstracts the variables for programmers.  I can't think of any way to
retrieve the information in a standard fashion using just the 'el' tags.

--
Shawn Bayern