> Not exactly sure what you mean by "database pooling", but:

I'd have to think you probably mean connection pooling. In most cases I
would use a datasource for obtaining a connection in the first place and
then leave the connection pooling up to the Container. Tomcat does this
through DBCP and although I noticed some bugs in the past, things seem
to be working pretty good with Tomcat 5.0.

> http://www.google.com/search?q=stored+procedure*+taglib
>
> I'm pretty sure Jakarta's DBTags taglib does not support
> stored procedures. DB taglibs may also be provided by your DB
> supplier. Sorry, I don't have any specific recommendations.
> Of course, there are plenty of folks who will want to stone
> you for even *thinking* about accessing a stored procedure
> from a taglib...and they may be right ;-).

I'd definitely be one to doubt that way of codng, but still... If JSTl
has support for SQL updates, then there must be some people who agree
that it is useful to do this kind of thing from JSP/taglibs. Anyway, I
looked into it, because I was curious myself. Neither JSTL nor DBTags
references CallableStatement anywhere, which is ?? the only way to call
a stored procedure from java??

What I think is possible however, is the usage of views, since these can
be queried as if they were regular tables. Does that solve your problem?

Martin