I did a bit more research on this, and came across XTags tag library.

  It might be more suitable for what I'm trying to achieve.

  If that's the case, then i'll close this thread.

Rashmi Rubdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I searched for a solution for this but couldn't find an answer.

I'm trying to count the number of book nodes from the xml below:

Book Title 1
Book Title 2
Book Title 3
Book Title 4
Book Title 5

I tried using XPath's count function, inside the JSP page, but it gives 0
instead of
5 - (the number of book nodes)

Is it possible to obtain the count of a node set inside a JSP or do I have to
first transform the source XML into another XML which obtains the count and
then read the count from the second XML file?

-Rashmi