On 7/26/07, Iikku Mattila <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

I have a portal with a jsp channel in which I use the jndi-taglib. I'm
trying to do a ldap-search with the portal user's userid. I get the id
from elsewhere and both

<jx:expr value="$userid" />   and
<%=userid%>

print it out just nice. However, when I try

<jndi:search id="searchResult" contextRef="ldapContext"
filter="uid=<%=userid%>" searchScope="subtree" >
</jndi:search>

or filter="uid=<jx:expr value="$userid" />" things don't work the way they
should. With <jx:expr> it says

com.sun.portal.providers.jsp.jasper3.jasper.compiler.ParseException:
/etc/opt/SUNWps/desktop/*/*/content.jsp(31,91) Attribute
$userid has no value

and with <%=userid%> I just get an empty searchResult. It surely must be
possible to give the id as a parameter to the filter somehow? Any ideas?

Try: filter='<%= "uid=" + userid %>'

In other words, the scriptlet expression must appear by itself.

Iikku

directThought  <http://www.directThought.com/>