On 10/7/07, Buggy Buggerio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i have asked the tech support for the jdk/jre version
> i don't know what a servlet spec is, will look into it

It determines what your web.xml looks like, among other things :-)

> Okay, I tried it with your tag statement and here is the top error:
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri:
> http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core cannot be
> resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

> I have removed web.xml

You don't want to do that; your webapp should have a deployment
descriptor. Read up on the Servlet Spec and you'll understand more
about configuring both Tomcat and your application.

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]