On 10/24/07, T. Lamine Ba <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here it is.
>
> I use Tomcat 5.0.28.  I also use the tomcat connector and apache to
> listen on port 80 to domain names of my websites.  Each website has a
> virtual host configured in httpd.conf (apache) and server.xml (tomcat).
> The configuration works great except for one thing.  The tomcat
> container is not able to execute my ResourceManagerListener servlet,
> which is a class where I initialize all my application variables.  The
> class is referenced in the my webapp web.xml file as follows:
>
> <listener>
>     <listener-class>
>             servlets.ResourceManagerListener
>         </listener-class>
>   </listener>
>
> ResourceManagerListener is located under the directory
> "<webapp>/WEB-INF/classes/servlets".  When I do not use any virtual
> hosting and I reference the website from the base directory, such as
> http://www.mytomcatbase.com/mywebappfolder instead of
> http://www.mywebapp.com , then every thing works.
>
> Please advise how I can specify a listener class in web.xml after a
> virtual hosting configuration moves the container context.

For clarification, which listener interface does
ResourceManagerListener implement. I assume it would be
ServletContextListener.

When you say, "not able to execute", what does that mean? Were
exceptions thrown? Did the listener appear not to be loaded?

Have you tried running on TC 5.5.x?

directThought  <http://www.directThought.com/>