Kris Schneider wrote:

Kris Schneider wrote:

On 11/28/07, Trenton Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was sure that I had read somewhere that "<c:url
value="/images/pluslittle.gif"/>" usage would automatically cause the
context path to be entered into the output of "c:url".  Is that not
correct?  Because it's not working!

From the JSTL 1.1 Spec for <c:url>:

As a consequence, an implementation must prepend the context path to a
URL that starts with a slash (e.g. "/page2.jsp") so that such URLs can
be properly interpreted by a client browser.

So, yes, the context should be prepended. What output are you actually seeing?

I'm seeing it produce "/images/pluslittle.gif", and it completely
ignores the context path.  I'm using tomcat 6 and java 1.5

This wouldn't happen to be a JSP sitting in webapps/ROOT, would it?
Just checking...

No, it's sitting in "webapps/appname/WEB-INF/jsp/otherdir/somejsp.jsp"

Oh well, worth a shot. I don't have TC 6 installed to test, but maybe
I'll do that later tonight. Does TC 6 come with an implementation of
JSTL 1.2 or are you using JSTL 1.1? Does your app use a Servlet 2.5 or
2.4 web.xml?

I tried 5.5 just now, and it has the same problem.

Tomcat 6 does not come with JSTL.

web.xml is using 2.3
<!DOCTYPE web-app
   "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>