On 1/17/11 11:37 AM, medhioub wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Any news about the management of small files with Tahoe.
> I give it a try few months ago (and i like it so much) but unfortunately
> with bad performance and few problems using small files.

We replaced the immutable-file downloader in version 1.8.0 (released at
the end of September, last fall), which should let you download small
files a lot faster than in 1.7.0 or earlier. The new downloader should
fetch small files in two roundtrips, while the old downloader could
require 5 or 6. This might be noticeable if you download a lot of them
in a row.

Storage overhead is still the same: small files (larger than 70 bytes,
smaller than maybe 20kB) are not stored very efficiently.

But as Zooko says, specific measurements will help us give you a better
answer.

hope that helps,
 -Brian