On 07/02/16 02:22, Brian Warner wrote:
> Hi folks.. I just finished upgrading the machine that hosts
> https://tahoe-lafs.org to the latest Ubuntu LTS. I think everything is
> working correctly, but please let me know if you see anything broken.
>
> cheers,
>  -Brian
>
> (I tried to move our Trac instance into a virtualenv, but for some
> reason every time did that, the headers and footers of each page
> disappeared. Pulled my hair out for an hour trying to track it down,
> failed, and eventually reverted back to the global install. If anybody
> has run into this error before, please let me know what the heck is
> going on.. I couldn't figure it out)

I know what that is. There is a symlink pointing into the installation
of trac that needs to be updated:

$ ls -l /home/trac/htdocs/trac/chrome
lrwxrwxrwx 1 trac trac 68 Feb  6 23:26 /home/trac/htdocs/trac/chrome ->
/home/trac/.local/venvs/trac/lib/python2.7/site-packages/trac/htdocs

(This command shows all symlinks pointing into trac, with some false positives:
sudo find / -lname '*trac[^kei]*' 2>/dev/null |grep -v '/proc'
)

--
Daira Hopwood  ⚧Ⓐ