Hi,

Me and alant has coordinated some testing and these are the tests that
remain for Tails 0.13-rc1 (or tests that were done but has comments).

> # Iceweasel
>
> * Browsing (by IP) a FTP server on the LAN should be possible.
>
> # Use of untrusted partitions
>
> * are any local hard-disk partitions mounted or used as swap?
>   boot on a (possibly virtual) machine that has a cleartext swap
>   partition not managed by LVM. This swap partition must not be used
>   by Tails.
> * is a Live system found on a local hard-disk partition used? boot the
>   DVD/USB stick you are testing on a (possibly virtual) machine that
>   has a Tails system copied on a cleartext partition not managed by
>   LVM. The DVD/USB ramdisk must use the Tails system found on the
>   DVD/USB, and not the one found on the hard disk. (Also check that
>   without Tails, that other Live system boots.)
>
> # Claws
>
> * Also check that the EHLO/HELO SMTP message is not leaking anything
>   with a packet sniffer: start Claws using the panel icon (which runs
>   `torify claws-mail`) to
>   avoid using the transparent proxy (which will confuse tcpdump).
>   Disable SSL/TLS for SMTP in Claws (so take precautions for not
>   leaking your password in plaintext by either changing it temporarily
>   or using a disposable account). Then run `sudo tcpdump -i lo -w
>   dump` to capture the packets before Tor encrypts it, and check the
>   dump for the HELO/EHLO message and verify that it only contains
>   `localhost`.

I can't understand why, but I can't see the expected "EHLO ..." packet
in the dump. Please test again, someone.

> # Whisperback
>
> * can a bug report e-mail be sent?
> * is it correctly encrypted?

Doesn't work. At least the error isn't displayed immediately. Perhaps
this is just a temporary hidden service issue? Please test again, someone.

> # Monkeysphere
>
> * Monkeysphere validation agent key search/receive: torified? uses
>   configured keyserver?
>
> # erase memory on shutdown
>
> - check that `memlockd` and `udev-watchdog` are running, and that the right
>   device is being watched by the later.
> - remove Tails' media (USB and cdrom) and check that the memory
>   erasure process is started (`Loading new kernel`, at least).
>
> Testing that the needed files are really mapped in memory, and the
> erasing process actually works, involves slightly more complicated
> steps that are worth [[a dedicated page|test/erase_memory_on_shutdown]].
>
> # USB Installer/Upgrader

- Everything OK but upgrade from DVD
- When upgrading, I always get the following warning: "Warning: The
  Master Boot Record on your device does not match your system's
  syslinux MBR. If you have trouble booting this stick, try running the
  liveusb-creator with the --reset-mbr option. [...] Press 'Next' if
  you want to continue". However if I press Next it works fine.
- After using liveusb-installer "emergency shutdown on boot medium
  removal" doesn't work anymore